Ramadan Kareem

To all the Muslims around the world
I know i have neglecting my blog/social media and that's because i have been preparing for Ramadan and now it has officially started! Today is my 3rd day of fasting and this year is probably the hardest with all the heat and long days so i am not going to be super active and i am going to make the most of reading my Holy Quran and Praying in this month. 

Just to let you a little bit about Ramadan:
" Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar;Muslims worldwide observe this as a month of fasting. This annual observance is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The month lasts 29–30 days based on the visual sightings of the crescent moon, according to numerous biographical accounts compiled in hadiths. The word Ramadan comes from the Arabic root ramida or ar-ramad, which means scorching heat or dryness. Fasting is fardh (obligatory) for adult Muslims, except those who are ill, travelling, pregnant, diabetic or going through menstrual bleeding." SOURCE

Muslims around the world fast from dawn until sunset, and we refrain from food, drinking, swearing, engaging in sexual activities etc.  We only observe fast for Allah (swt), we try our best to follow the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and we should increase our offering of Salah (prayer) and recitation of the Quran. At the end of this month we celebrate Eid for like 3 days, the whole family gathers together to celebrate, we wear new clothes, we eat alot lol and its just a jolly good time! 

The month of Ramadan is really special for me, if you have been following me you know a lot changed for me(for good) this time last year, i was at my lowest point after graduating and not getting a full time job and if it wasn't for Islam then i would be in depression now or worse. Islam really helped me see the best in my life and helped me be a better person and be happy with what i have achieved in life so far.

I will do as much as i can in terms of Art but i wont promise anything
See you soon
& Thank you for all the support and love

Ramadan Kareem

Yaz 'xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow on bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Author